Muffins are enjoyed by people all over the world as a snack or dessert. However, I generally don’t recommend eating them because they use grains as the core ingredient, which can lead to various health complications when consumed regularly and in large amounts.
With this in mind, how can you enjoy muffins in a healthier manner? One easy trick is to change how muffins are perceived: Turn them into a scrumptious and succulent appetizer. Now, you have something healthier in your hands, and this recipe from Ruled.Me does exactly that. I heartily recommend that you give this a try because the combination of the ingredients creates a wonderful, scrumptious taste anyone will love.
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 slices rindless bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pour the cauliflower rice into a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients, the bacon and the cheese.
- Add the two eggs and mix thoroughly until you can press down on your mixture with a spoon and it holds its form.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
Cauliflower is part of the “cruciferous” family of vegetables, which includes broccoli, and vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that may help:
- Fight cancer
- Manage inflammation
- Boost brain health
- Boost heart health
- Promote healthy digestion
This amazing recipe was found at mercola.com! For more like these, keep tuned to kaurichchiropractic.com! Until next time, here’s wishing you healthy eating!